Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week (1)8: On my own!

This week I've been teaching all day. My CT2 has been leaving the room to run errands for her many committees and whatnot, and it's a nice feeling. I feel like she's confident enough in my ability to leave while I keep things going. It's funny, because I'm sure my CT1 would have done the same thing, if my supervisor hadn't at first said that our CTs should always be with us!

My supervisor also came in again. My new word this time was "wonderful!" Oh well, I'll just keep working on it...

Wednesday morning I had an interview, so I wasn't there for a good portion of the day. I got the job, too!!! :-D Thanks to PSH, CT1, Mr. CT1, and CT2 for all their help!!!!

Thursday the 6th graders started presenting their research projects, and I am SO happy with them!!!! But now I understand why MJW (one of my professors) always says "Don't assign anything you don't want to grade," because I'm not particularly looking forward to grading their papers... I was definitely more excited about the presentations. I did end up having a good time grading one of the reading assignments I gave them, so I'm definitely trying to remember that advice!

My CT2 has been having me get more involved in meetings, such as collaboration and team meetings. I'm still not quite comfortable in that position, though, probably because I don't interact with the other staff members as much as I did with the rest of the 1st grade team.

I'm pretty happy with the result of Week (1)8, which is a great feeling!! I feel so accomplished, because I've had to do a lot more work, and I had a difficult time -- making it through that is a good feeling, and I'm feeling happier in 6th grade finally!!! I still do feel like I'm more of a natural in the younger grades, but it's nice to know that I can make it work with the older ones as well!!!

And now, onto week (1)9!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment